Friday 11 May 2012

This one's for you momma's!!

May 13th 2012 is momma's day in America


Its been a difficult few weeks, not only for me but for the WHOLE momma population. Worries of not doing our best for the little people in our lives, worries for keeping them safe, out of harms way, wrapping them up too much or too little, future choices they may encounter and having them "Fit in" in this world.....

Not to mention the passing of some of our Eb Angels, so sad and too many numbers since xmas....Its heartbreaking. So please help us in our awareness campaigns you will find throughout my blog.

Why can't life just be simple?! Where would the fun be if it was....

You each amaze me in so many ways, not one selfless act or selfish word is ever seen in your posts and i want to celebrate YOU today.....Of course this also goes for all my other momma friends too!!
I have been sent alot of "Links" to some amazing momma's and i would like you to also meet them. You can visit their blogs simply by clicking their name.


Vanessa is just amazing! This beautiful family have just 'adopted' little Anton who suffers Eb. 
Vanessa posted on her blog recently: 

"Anton has adjusted so well, he has shocked us all with how well he is doing. 
He has bonded to Jason and I and looks to us to comfort him when he is upset. 
He LOVES Kenya and Judah and really enjoys playing with them.
He is the happiest kid EVER! He is never fussy (at home anyway) and just goes with the flow (for the most part)"



Im unsure of this mothers name but i MUST celebrate her in a huge way. This video is so moving, inspirational and beautiful.
Christian who was born blind has for sure been born into the perfect family that shows him unconditional love. People ask her why she didn't choose to abort her boy. They stare at both of them. They talk behind their back.
But none of that matters because this mother knows that her boy is beautiful just the way he is. Please be sure to read ever word his momma wrote...

http://www.facebook.com/LaceyandChristianBuchanan

I could talk to you for hours about this beautiful momma but i will just share a few bits with you. Courtney is Tripp's momma, Tripp was born on May 14, 2009 but sadly lost his battle with Junctional Eb in 'January 2012'. 
Courtney posted on her blog recently: "He couldn't talk and never in his short life spoke one word, but made me laugh and smile more than anyone ever has." 
Her story is just heartbreaking and still is.....



Melanie suffers from a rare skin condition Bullous Ichthyosis ~ EHK as does her daughter Rebecca. Daniel, her son is EHK-Free. Melanie blogged recently: 
"The reason I started my online blog was, not only to give an insight as to what living with Ichthyosis is like, but also to help raise awareness of the condition"


 
My P3's also are in my heart today as they always are. Such an amazing bunch of ladies that keep me smiling even when life is tough for them. Isn't it just lovely when you just need a rant or someone to say "everything will be fine" that you know JUST where to go. I don't need to name them, cos they know who they are!!
I honestly wish everyone had a group of friends like i have.......


For all my friends who have a child in heaven, i saw this earlier and wanted to share:


Dear Mr. Hallmark,

I am writing to you from heaven, and though it must appear
A rather strange idea, I see everything from here.
I just popped in to visit, your stores to find a card
A card of love for my mother, as this day for her is hard.

There must be some mistake I thought, every card you could imagine
Except I could not find a card, from a child who lives in heaven.
She is still a mother too, no matter where I reside
I had to leave, she understands, but oh the tears she's cried.

I thought that if I wrote you, that you would come to know
That though I live in heaven now, I still love my mother so.
She talks with me, and dreams with me; we still share laughter too,
Memories our way of speaking now, would you see what you could do?

My mother carries me in her heart, her tears she hides from sight.
She writes poems to honor me, sometimes far into the night
She plants flowers in my garden, there my living memory dwells
She writes to other grieving parents, trying to ease their pain as well.

So you see Mr. Hallmark, though I no longer live on earth
I must find a way, to remind her of her wonderous worth
She needs to be honored, and remembered too
Just as the children of earth will do.

Thank you Mr. Hallmark, I know you'll do your best
I have done all I can do; to you I'll leave the rest.
Find a way to tell her, how much she means to me
Until I can do it for myself, when she joins me in eternity.
Happy Momma's day to all my amazing momma friends....Have a wonderful weekend!







No comments: